Make your BlueJeans work-from-home experience more fun, easy, and a bit more camera-ready with Snap Camera. You can lighten the mood with virtual accessories, look more professional by brightening up the lighting, and avoid cleaning up your workspace by using a virtual background. You can even skip some of your morning routine by adding makeup virtually.
Please note: Snap Camera is a third party application and not directly part of the BlueJeans platform.
Setup Snap Camera for BlueJeans
Here’s how to get it rollin’:
1. Download the Snap Camera desktop app - Review the terms and confirm that they align with your company's policies before installing.
2. Install the Snap Camera app and launch the program.
3. In the Snap Camera app, select one of the lenses. Keep the app open, but minimize it to save on CPU usage
4. Launch (or re-launch) your BlueJeans desktop app.
5. Tap the camera menu at the bottom (see first pic below) and select Snap Camera, then join a meeting. Or, if you are in a meeting in a browser, you can select the Snap Camera from the side panel (see second pic below). This does not work on mobile.
Pro-Tips for Snap Camera and BlueJeans
- For virtual backgrounds, it helps if you sit in front of a single solid color that doesn’t match your skin tone, hair or clothing. You can sit in front an empty wall or hang a colored sheet behind you. This will help the Snap Camera separate you from your background.
- To add a background, just search Snap lenses and choose any style background for your new home office. For example, type "beach" and try the different options.
- For Windows users, you may need to close your BlueJeans app while changing between Snap lenses.
- Have a good amount of light focused on your face and upper body. Ideally, set up more lighting from the front and less from the ceiling.
- Please note: The Snap Camera will add a lot more load on your CPU. Keep this in mind if running on a lower capacity machine.
Enjoy adding more fun to your next meeting!