The Automation Engineer will be responsible for the creation, execution, and ongoing maintenance of automated test cases/conditions throughout the testing lifecycle. They will work closely with the business and development to complete all testing activities on schedule, while balancing release quality with test coverage. Will support test efforts with moderate to significant risk and complexity.
- Must be a Senior level resource capable of operating independently and able to give guidance to others
- Participate in the review of functional and non-functional business requirements
- Establish and maintain requirements traceability with test case coverage
- Create and manage to test estimates, strategies, task plans, and schedules
- Create and execute automated test scenarios, cases, conditions, and steps
- Record, track, and re-test discovered defects to closure
- Assist and support the creation and publishing of test metrics
- Grow and maintain automated testing suite and automation for test support
- Maintain regression testing library for core applications
- 6 - 8 years’ experience with the Software Development Life Cycle with specific experience in Automated Quality Assurance
- 3+ years of Java programming
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills
- Able to be an SME for the assigned project and guide and mentor QA Engineers
- Strong understanding of common software development life cycles (agile) and contemporary software quality assurance processes and automated tools
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.
- Experience delivering quality automation before features are ready
- Experience with integrating automation with CD processes
- Well versed with Automating REST services using Java or other languages
- Understands mocking of services to test scenarios without dependencies being available
- Good understanding of TDD and how it can be applied to existing or new projects
At BlueJeans, we’re transforming the way people collaborate by delivering the meetings platform for the modern workplace. We bring video, audio, and web conferencing together so it's easily accessible for everyone, regardless of location or device, including mobile, desktop, and room system. We work with thousands of companies worldwide to support everyday meetings, large-scale events, and social broadcasts so people can collaborate the way they want. All our customers have one trait in common: they understand the benefits of bringing their employees, leaders, and partners closer together. Since 2009, we have raised $175M in funding led by Accel Partners, Battery Ventures, NEA, and Norwest Venture Partners.