The ideal Principal Engineer - Media SDK candidate would…
- Believe in fault-free multi-threaded software design.
- Have experience with low delay high throughput systems like video conferencing, video streaming, playback or capture-record.
- Collaborate across teams for thorough design reviews and completeness of feature integration.
- Participate in inter-team Architecture discussions and Design reviews, and influence our R&D future.
Some of the things you’re expected to do...
- Understand existing ecosystem before being able to add features, functions and enhancements.
- Plan with known expectations and dependencies.
- Design and implement including coding, unit testing and release to production.
- Improve quality with every version, and new features must match or exceed existing levels.
- Contribute to a collaborative and responsive team that owns a world-class product service.
- Through awareness question priorities and influence planning.
Some of the qualifications we usually expect...
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years' experience developing in C++.
- 5+ years' experience developing video conferencing/playback/recording solutions.
- Experience in building multi-platform solutions/SDK on two or more of Linux/Android/iOS/Mac/Win
- Hands-on experience on Linux/shell and Wireshark
- Expertise in Agile development methodology & tools, estimation and planning.
- Good communication skills through email, specs and design docs.
You Get Bonus Points for….
- Experience with opensource: pjsip, webrtc.
- Experience with protocols: RTP/RTCP, RTX, FEC, SIP, H.323.
- Experience with scripts: Python.
- Contribution to open source projects.
Why Blue Jeans is THE PLACE to be?
We have a fun and collaborative work culture— for 2 years running, BJN was voted in the Top 10 - Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We have over 1000 enterprise customers including Facebook, Stanford University, CBS and Zappos. We raised $49M from top venture capitalists: Accel, NEA and Norwest. Our team is composed of rock stars from a blend of industries: broadband networks, video, media and SaaS. We live and breathe a can-do attitude with the passion to “get stuff done” with quality. We have fun, eat well and love to compete in table tennis and pool.
Blue Jeans is an Equal Opportunity Employer