HTML5 Viewing Experience
BlueJeans Primetime introduces a new HTML5 based video player that enhances the video viewing experience for Primetime event viewers. This new solution does not require Flash to be installed for viewers to watch the event.
- Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer are the only browsers that support HTML5 based video players. Other browsers and the BlueJeans app will continue to rely on Flash for an uninterrupted experience.
- If you have Accelerator deployed, HTML5 will not be supported. We will fall back on Flash for the attendee viewing experience.
Presenters supported on Android
Presenters can now join a Primetime event from an Android device.
BlueJeans Primetime introduces event registration. Using this feature, organizers can:
- Control events and require attendees to register using a generic or customizable form, effectively giving event organizers greater visibility into who is attending the event.
- Manually approve the list of registrants, create filters to approve users from specific domains, or automate the approval process, entirely.
- Send reminder emails 30 minutes or 1 day before the event.
- Generate Attendee data reports, gather information, and learn more about your audience.
- Enabling event registration prohibits attendees from joining through PSTN or a room system.
- This feature is applicable for public events only.
Moderator Dashboard Improvements
Redesigned to make moderating events easier and more intuitive, we’ve made the following improvements to empower moderators and allow them to control the event experience like never before.
- Edit presenter names in the roster
- Reorder presenters in the roster with a simple drag and drop. Customize the Presenter list to match the presentation sequence, regardless of when they joined the event.
- With the click of a button, expand the live-event video feed. This expanded view can be handy when content and video is being shared at the same time.
Attendee View Improvement
Attendees can use the new slider to navigate between the content and video view.
Note: This will only be available as part of the HTML5 attendee viewing experience and thus supported on the browsers that support HTML5 mentioned above.
Our newly designed Q&A moderation functionality grants moderators control when deciding what questions to make public for all attendees. The event organizer must enable this feature during scheduling.
New Waiting Room Experience
The waiting room is the screen moderators and presenters see when they are the first to join a Primetime event or when all videos are switched off and no content is being shared. For an attendee, it means the time before and after broadcast is ON.