Available Late September
BlueJeans is excited to introduce its new enhanced desktop app designed for speed and simplicity, with a clean, modern, and intuitive user experience. Over the last few months BlueJeans has been rolling out the new app to customers and we will continue to roll it out over the next few months as additional features are released.
The newest version, App 2.8, includes the following new features:
While most users will click “OK”, there will be some that click “Don’t Allow” either on purpose or by mistake. If users who click “Don’t Allow” want to undo that decision, the upcoming BlueJeans App version 2.8 will give guidance on how to change the setting. BlueJeans 2.8 will be released toward the end of September, when we expect Mojave to also become generally available.
To ensure continuity and deliver the highest-quality experience, all users on the Mojave Mac OS running the BlueJeans App version 1.x will be prompted to update to 2.8 at the end of September.
Our goal is to help 1.x users avoid the following issues:
- Customizable Layouts – Users can now customize their layouts to choose the experience that best fits their need in each meeting
- Large Meeting Support for Video– We’ve expanded two-way video sharing to support all users in any size meeting
- Screen-Share-Only Mode – We’ve made joining in Screen Share Only mode easier for users that want to solely participate in content sharing
- Mac Mojave Support – Apple is introducing their upcoming Mac Operating System 10.14 (Mojave) release that will impact BlueJeans Mac users. With the Mojave update, Apple will require users to grant additional permissions for applications that need to use the microphone, camera, Outlook integration, and Remote Desktop Control.
For additional details, please check out our Knowledge Base Article.
- Confusion around why no one can hear them in a meeting
- Confusion around why no one can see them in a meeting
- Confusion around why Remote Desktop Control does not work